Monday, May 26, 2014

Manicure Monday

So, I spent some of my Sunday at Christmas Tree Shops and Five Below... I ended up picking up 3 new nail polishes.  Which also makes me realize that I should probably get around to making another nail polish rack?  But anyway-- 2 of those 3 nail polishes made into this weeks Manicure Monday.





On 8 of my nails, yup- I'm still rocking an accent nail, I have the Loreal nail color in Skinny Jeans. This nail color actually threw me off a bit. In Christmas Tree Shops, I thought it looked like an interesting purple color however Madison said it looked blue. I'm still having trouble figuring the actual color out, so I will let you be the judge.  I applied two coats of this polish...but definitely didn't need to for it to be opaque. I'm thinking these L'oreal colors may bump their way up my favorite polish ladder. What makes this polish even more intriguing, is that fact that it turned out to be a textured polish.  So I'm thinking now that the goal may have been for it to the have that "jeans" texture.  I'm not a huge fan of textured polish..but we will still how long this lasts. I think it looks nice, but it feels weird as my hand brush against certain materials.

My two accent nails are rocking a polish from Five Below.  It's by a brand I have never heard of called Funky Fingers.  The name of the polish is, Jawbreaker.  This name is very fitting because it reminds me of the super huge white jawbreakers you could by from the true candy stores that are speckled with different colors.  I have found that most colors like this, need at least 2 coats and this one was no difference.  But I am loving the way these two colors look next to each other.

As a little side note....with textured polishes, it is recommended that you not put a top coat over them. So for this manicure, I did not use my INM Out the Door topcoat and on,y used the Nicole by OPI drying drops.  Within 3 minutes, my nails were perfectly dry!  I love these drops!

Let me know what colors you have on your nails this week.  And remember-----

In all things there is beauty,

~~~Michelle xoxo~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment