Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Manicure Monday

This post is going up late, but from here on out, every Monday I will be posting a short blog with the nail polish that I have chosen for the week.

I typically do my nails every Sunday night and then just wear that polish up until Friday night or Saturday early in the day. I like to give my nails at least 24 hours of "nakedness" each week.  I have extremely weak at brittle nails that break, and chip, and are extremely thin.  I probably should give them more time with no nail polish, BUT...... I have a mild obsession with nail polish, so that just won't happen.

My manicure routine pretty much stays the same and is actually not much of a manicure at all.  I don't push back my cuticles very often, because, quite honestly, it scares the bageezus out of me.
But I always use the same base coat, and top coat, and drying drops.  Maybe one day I will actually show a video of my process.

Basecoat = OPI Bonder
Topcoat = Out the Door topcoat
Drying drops = Nicole by OPI drying drops

This week I decided to go with Blues.  Since I am still one of those girls that HAS to have an accent nail, I went with a royal blue and light blue with royal blue polka dots.  For the royal/navy blue, I used the Rimmel 60 second nail polish in Blue Eyed Girl... the lighter blue is from Zoya and simply named Blu.

I have been a fan of the Zoya nail polish ever since hearing about them from one of my favorite beauty bloggers, Marnie aka Ms. Goldgirl on YouTube. Go ahead and check her out!!  I then went out to purchase one nude color, LOVED it and have been lucky enough to receive all the others in various beauty subscrtiption bags- mainly the Ipsy bag that is curated by Michelle Phan.  This particular shade is one of my favorites, completely opaque after 2 coats, and has a really good staying power.

The Rimmel 60 second line is new to me, but definitely not new to the stores.  I have looked at these polishes several times and never grabbed one before.  So in a recent trip to the beloved Walgreens, I figured it was time.. I grabbed this royal/navy blue.. and so far-- I am SUPER impressed!  Only 1 coat and this nail polish was completely opaque.  Looks like I will be taking another trip to the drugstore to grab more colors!!










                                                                                                              In all things there is beauty,

                                                                                                                                              ~Michelle~

No comments:

Post a Comment