Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thought Provoking Thursday





How true is the above quote!?!?!  I love this!!  As someone who has struggled with my self image since before I can remember and now someone who is completely addicted to all kinds of makeup-- I still relish in those moments when I wake up and take a look at myself in the mirror sans makeup..and......get this------------------------ ACTUALLY LIKE WHAT I SEE!!!

That feeling is so powerful!  It gives us the ability to see not only the outer beauty that we possess, but those inner most beautiful souls that encompass who we are.  In fact-- so many people focus on this outward beauty that they forget what's really important-- who we are as a person. 

I long to be confident.  To walk with my head up with a sense of pride without being cocky.  To rise in the morning and not be afraid to answer the door with my bare blemished skin.  What a joy that would be.  In the same breath-- I also need to learn to not let this inability to do the above things affect my happiness or better yet DEFINE my happiness.

Our happiness needs to come from within.  It sounds so cliché, yet is so true if we take the time to focus and learn about the things that make us happy.

Here is to starting over! Finding happiness! Learning to love ourselves and who we are in our "rawness".

I'm wishing everyone a HAPPY THURSDAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment